Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 252: Seasoned Baked Potatoes

I thought I'd try something ridiculously simple for dinner last night.  We had meatloaf the these baked potatoes.  I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Tammy, and it has quickly become our favorite way to eat baked potatoes.  I apologize to all of you who live outside the U.S. because you may not be able to find some of the ingredients.  But for those who can, this potato rub is delicious. 

Seasoned Baked Potatoes
12" dutch oven

2 Tbs. Morton's Nature's Seasons
2 Tbs. Schilling's Salad Supreme
1 Tbs. Lawry's Season Salt
1 Tbs. Sugar
8 large baking potatoes

Mix spices together and store in an air tight container.  Scrub potatoes clean--you're going to want to eat the skins on these baby's.  Rub clean potatoes with olive oil and roll in spices.  Wrap in foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom. 



These are the 3 main ingredients.

The Finished Product



I wish you could see the spices.  :(

The Review

This is my "go to" baked potato recipe.  You really don't need anything else but butter and sour cream (and ranch dressing if you're my kids).  The rub adds such great flavor, you'll never want plain baked potatoes again.  Grade A.

2 comments:

  1. I think you meant McCormick Salad Supreme.
    Love all of the work you did on this!!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails