Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 267: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies

Its menu planning time again, and I can't seem to find anything that sounds good.  I hate those kinds of weeks.  I told my kids they may be eating nothing but treats for the next 2 weeks, which was just fine with them.  I really need to get on the ball!  Speaking of treats, I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but I don't know why I haven't made it before now.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
12" dutch oven

1 package brownie mix
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbs. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups mini marshmallows
12 regular size Reese's Peanut Butter cups, cut into cubes
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions and spread in the bottom of a well greased dutch oven.  In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.  Drop by tablespoonfuls evenly over the brownie batter.  Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the cheese mixture through the brownie batter.  Bake for 30-32 minutes or until cooked through.

When the brownies are finished, remove the pot from the heat and sprinkle marshmallows, Reese's PB cups and chocolate chips over the brownies.  Replace lid and allow them to melt, about 3 -5 minutes.  Remove lid and allow brownies to cool.  Drizzle with melted peanut butter and allow to cool completely before cutting.

The Finished Product

For some reason I'm having problems uploading pics into Blogger lately.  I'll get the pic up as soon as I can figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

The Review

Oooh these are good!  Brownies, chocolate, marshmallows,peanut butter and cheesecake?  This must be what they eat in heaven.  These didn't last half an hour with my family!  I will be making these again, but it will probably be when no one else is home so I can have them all to myself!  ;)  Grade A.

1 comment:

  1. How many charcoals did you use on the top and the bottom?

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails