Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 155: Potato Bundles

I have to say thanks to everyone for being so patient.  My next door neighbor died a few days ago, and I was privileged to help with the funeral and the luncheon afterward.  There will be a little less humor in the world with Merlin gone.  I wish his family the best.

We had these potato bundles with BBQ hamburgers, but they would work with just about any entree.  This is a Pioneer Woman recipe.

Potato bundles
12" dutch oven

6 whole Russet Potatoes
1/2 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
1 stick Butter
1/2 cups Heavy Cream
Kosher Salt To Taste
Paprika To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
2 Tablespoons Minced Parsley

Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Splash on cream. Then sprinkle on salt, paprika, and black pepper. Sprinkle minced parsley over the top.
Wrap bundles tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until extremely tender.
Serve bundles right on the dinner plate. Serves 8.

The Finished Product
 
 
The Review
 
These were fabulous!  My kids loved having their own little packet of potatoes.  The butter and cream added such great flavors.  You could do these in the campfire or even on the grill, too.  It is a great outdoor menu  item.  They didn't even dirty up a dutch oven.  Who can ask for more than that?  Grade A.

2 comments:

  1. Look great, I have just got a UDO14 and I am sure they would cook perfectly on the top layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried one of those. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails