Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 279: Vegetable Noodle Casserole

What a day yesterday was!  My 2 year old daughter, Boey, had a 103° fever all day and my 14 year old son, Wyatt, came home from school with a broken arm!  I swear he'll have broken every bone in his body before he leaves home.  Anyway, by the time dinner rolled around I really didn't care what we ate, as long as it filled the empty spot!  So I opened up a cookbook and made the first thing I found that I had all the ingredients for.  This comes from a taste of home cookbook.  It can be served as a side dish, but I added a little canned chicken and made it a meal.

Vegetable Noodle Casserole
12" dutch oven

1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of broccoli soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (16 oz.) pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend, thawed
2 cups frozen corn, thawed

In a bowl, combine soups, milk 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley,pepper and salt; mix well.  Add the noodles and vegetables and mix until well combined.  Pour into a greased dutch oven and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom. Serves 12.

The Finished Product


With the days getting shorter, I'm losing what little natural light I have in my kitchen.  This really is better than it looks.  Sorry about the bad pic.

The Review

Okay, so this wont win any awards, but it was all right.  I was so frazzled by dinner last night I really didn't care!  :)  I did add some canned chicken to make it a little more hearty.  It wasn't my favorite meal, but my kids really liked it.  They all had seconds, which surprised me.  I even got a few "thank yous" out of it!  That has to count for something!  We decided this gets a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails