Monday, August 29, 2011

Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Loin

I don't think I've kept it much of a secret, but I am really not a fan of pork (except bacon of course).  We raised pigs for so many years that it just turns my stomach.  The thought of a pork chop makes me want to hurl.  But after many years, I'm finally to where I can enjoy a nice pork tenderloin, in fact, I've actually been looking for tenderloin recipes because I like it so much.  Crazy!  Anyway, I'm attracted to recipes that have different/weird spice combinations, and when I saw the cumin and cinnamon together, I knew I had to try it.


Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Loin
12" dutch oven


Rub Ingredients:
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins (2 1/2 lb. total), each tenderloin cut into two chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
Glaze ingredients:
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 6-8 cloves)
1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon, then coat the pork with the spice rub. Heat the oil in a 12" dutch oven over a full spread of coals until the oil is hot and rippling. Brown the pork, turning, about 4 minutes total. Leave pork in the dutch oven
Stir together the brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat on top of each tenderloin. Cover and bake at 350° until a thermometer inserted diagonally in center of each tenderloin registers 140, about 25 minutes. Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Remove from heat and let pork stand for 10 minutes. The temperature will rise to about 155 while standing. Slice on the diagonal and serve, spooning the sauce from the skillet on top of the pork.  Serves 6-8.
The Finished Product

The Review
This was seriously delicious!  The outside of the pork had a nice crust on top and inside it was so tender.  My family loved it!  The spices were a little different, but they went really well together.  I didn't hear any complaints, even from my picky eaters.  Grade A.


Source:  Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails