Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 352: Spinach Pizza

Just a quick post for now.  I'm still a couple of days behind so I'll try to do 2 posts today! 

Spinach Pizza
12" dutch oven

1 roll refrigerated pizza dough  (or make your own dough)
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
1-2 cups chopped spinach
2 medium tomatoes, sliced (Roma or other paste variety works best)
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend

Unroll the pizza dough and shape to fit in the bottom of a greased 12" dutch oven.  Bake at 450° for 7-8 minutes.  Remove from heat and spread with Alfredo sauce.  Top with spinach, sliced tomatoes and cheese.  Return to heat and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.  Serves 6.

The Finished Product



The Review

I loved how light this pizza was.  Its not greasy or heavy.  My kids, however, were not thrilled with this.  I'm glad I made a pepperoni and olive pizza for them.  This will make a repeat performance at our house.  Grade B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails