Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 148: Pizza Pockets

We thought we'd have a fun dinner last night.  My hubby was working an overtime shift, so it was pizza pockets, root beer and movie night.  I did some of the pizza pockets in my oven and some in my DO.  I'll bet you can't guess which ones turned out the best?  Of course it was the ones in the DO.  They browned a lot better than the others.
These were so simple and fun.  The kids got to put thee pizza topping ingredients on the dough.  It was a total mess, but they had a blast.

Pizza Pockets
14" dutch oven

Your favorite bread dough, either homemade or Rhoade's
Pizza sauce
Your favorite pizza toppings-we used pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Divide the dough into balls.  I made 6 pizza pockets from each loaf of bread dough.  Roll out the dough on a greased board to the size you want.  Put sauce and toppings on half of the dough, be sure to fill them up, but be careful not to put sauce within an inch of the edges.  Fold the dough over to  completely enclose the toppings and seal with a fork.  Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Use 1-1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom or 14 coals on top and 10 coals on the bottom.


The Finished Product




The Review

Of course these were good.  I don't make them often enough for my kids.  They are so simple and fun.  They can also be customized to what everyone likes.  You should have seen my kitchen when the kids were finished putting in the toppings.  It looked like a hurricane went through it.  It is a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen.  Some of them needed more stuff inside, so be sure to fill them up.  These get an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails