Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 84: Chicken Tortilla Casserole

I promise this is the last of the "I'm too sick to cook" recipes. I'm finally feeling better so there will be some better recipes ahead. Nothing makes you appreciate good health like being sick.
This would actually be a good camping recipe. If you cooked your chicken ahead of time. it would be a snap to put together. Add some salsa and chips and your done. It is also a great recipe for busy days.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole
12" dutch oven
2-3 cups diced cooked chicken
12-15 corn tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced green chilies
1 14 oz. can green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup sour cream
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Tear tortillas into chunks. Put the torn tortillas and the remaining ingredients, except 2 cups of cheese, in a DO. Mix until the chicken and tortillas are well distributed. Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I used 10 coals on the bottom and 14 on top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups of cheese during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve with salsa and corn chips. Serves 8-10.
The Finished Product
.
The Review
This was really easy and turned out better than I expected it to. My kids put the whole thing together, bless them. Like I said before, it would be a good camping meal because it is so simple. I like this recipe better than any similar ones I've tried. That being said, it is something I'll probably make once or twice a year. Partly because I love trying new things, so only the best recipes go into our normal rotation, and partly because the hubby doesn't like these kinds of casseroles. I'll give this one a B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails