Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 364: Fudgey Cake Bars

First thing this morning I have some news about the cookbook.  There haven't been very many orders so far.  If I were to print it with so few orders I would lose money on it.  I'm going to wait a few more weeks and see if more orders come in before I make a decision on whether or not to have it printed.  I'm hoping everyone is just waiting until after the Christmas expenses are over to order.  So if you want a copy place your order soon!  But I'll keep everyone updated.

Second, I had a request from a reader to do a review of how my equipment held up after such heavy usage and I think its a great idea!  So next week I'll do a review of my equipment and post some pictures of how my pots and cooking table look now.

Finally, I have one more recipe to post this afternoon to reach my goal of 365 days.  So come back later today so I can give you all a temporary farewell and my thanks!

I made these yesterday afternoon as a treat for my kids.  They are so simple and easy to put together that its ridiculous.  I have to admit that I melted the chocolate in my microwave.  Its about 22° outside, the wind is blowing like crazy, its cold in my garage and I'm wimping out!  I did bake these outside though so I didn't completely give up!  :)  I found this recipe here.

Fudgey Cake Bars
12" dutch oven

1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet

Combine cake mix, eggs and oil and press 2/3 of it into a greased 12" dutch oven. In a microwave safe bowl, combine milk and chocolate chips. Microwave to melt, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Don't microwave too long, stir well and allow the melted chocolate to melt the chunks still left after microwaving two times at 30 seconds each. Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Sprinkle remaining crust over chocolate. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serves 12.

The Finished Product




The Review

Whoever came up with this recipe is a total genius!  Cake mix, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk?!  All I can say is YUM!  These were super easy and best of all fast and delicious!  My kids loved them!  These are a keeper.  Grade A.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us share your adventure - it has truly been a pleasure. I have really enjoyed reading and even learning from time to time. You have been an inspiration! HAPPY NEW YEARS....and congratulations on cooking in your ol' black pots every day tnis year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon as I get some funds together I'll be ordering a book :)

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails