Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas Project!

I thought I'd show you what I've been doing with my time for the last 3 weeks.  And as you can tell, it hasn't been dutch oven cooking.  I've been building a Barbie house for my 3 little girls for Christmas.  It was no small undertaking.  I built and decorated, including making the furniture.



A dear friend had built the house for her girls 12 or 15 years ago, but decided to build a new one for her grand kids this year.  So I was the benefactor of her old house.  I stripped it down and started over.  As you can see, it turned out great.  Better than I thought it would.  And to say my girls are thrilled would be a huge understatement.  They didn't even want to open any presents.  The Barbie house was all they wanted.  It was great!


I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!  And I hope the new year treats you well!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, it's wonderful!

    I had three dollhouses as a girl: A 1970's metal one that I gave to my best friend when we moved; a fancy wooden Victorian one that never got finished (I played with it roofless and with a bare wood interior); and one my mother made out of cardboard boxes.

    The cardboard one was the best by a long shot--she used wrapping paper for wallpaper and made a cylindrical woodburning stove out of toilet paper tubes. I still have it 25 years later.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails