Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 191: Root Beer Chicken with Kiesbasa

Sorry for the late post, I've been having some Internet problems that have hopefully been cleared up.  My little ones just love to play with all the cords and wires behind my desk!  : )  Anyway, this recipe is a variation of Coca Cola Chicken.  I did this for a group of women from church. 

Root Beer Chicken
12" dutch oven

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. kielbasa or polish sausage cut into 1/4" slices

1 can Coke
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. onion powder
2 Tbs. chili powder

Place chicken breasts in an oiled dutch oven. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake using 8 coals on the bottom and 14 on top for 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Baste with pan juices every 15 minutes. Serves 8.

Sorry, I don't have a pic because I forgot to take my camera.

The Review

I loved the kielbasa in this version.  It added a great flavor.  It would have been better with Coke though.  I just like that flavor better.  But if you are like me and are trying (in vain) to give up caffeine, the root beer works.  All the ladies loved it.  It is super easy.  Next time I'll make it with the kielbasa and Coke.  Grade B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails