Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 115: S'More Cookie Bars

I decided to make treats yesterday since my boys are still at grandma's house.  We all actually got to have some.  Its amazing how long treats last when the 2 teenage boys are gone!  I got this recipe off the back of  a box of Imperial Margarine. 

S'More Cookie Bars
12" dutch oven

3/4 cup margarine, softened
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

Combine cracker crumbs and margarine and press into the bottom of a DO.  Evenly sprinkle with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and marshmallows.  Pour condensed milk over the top.  Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until bubbly.  Use 14 coals on top and 10 on the bottom.  Cool completely before cutting.  Serves 12-15.
The Finished Product


The Review

These were seriously good.  I couldn't stop eating them!  They were also super simple.  They would be good after school snacks for my kids.  You could also use peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch if you wanted to.  I will definately be making these again!  The kids gave these an A.

1 comment:

  1. I made this yesterday and did it a little different. I made the recipe the same and pressed the dough into a 13x9 pan. I put it in the oven at 350* for 10 min. While that 2as in the oven I made another batch of dough. When the first batch was done cooking for the 10 min., I put 6 Hershey bars (1.5 oz.) on top, added a few more milk chocolate chips to cover any dough that was showing, and layered mini marshmallows on top to cover the chocolate. Then I crumbled the 2nd batch of dough I had made on top. I put it back in the oven for 20 min. It was perfect! There was a crunchy layer on top and a nice moist layer on the bottom with a great amount of chocolate and gooey marshmallow. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails