Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 119: Colton's Taco Filling

I have to play the proud mother for a minute today.  I had to be gone last night, and I got back later than I'd planned.  So I called home to let everyone know that they would have to have leftovers for dinner.  Well, bless my oldest son's heart, he pulled out my dutch ovens, fired up the Camp Chef propane camp stove and cooked tacos for everyone.  After I gave him a big hug, I asked him why he went to all the trouble to do it,  and he said that he didn't want my dutch oven record broken.  Aaaawwww!  What a great kid!  How many 15 year old boys would do that?  I've trained him well, don't you think?  The only thing he forgot to do was take a picture, but I think I can forgive that, since he even cleaned up after himself.  Besides, how appetizing would a picture of taco meat really be?  So here is Colton's Taco Filling.

Colton's Taco Filling
10" dutch oven

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

In your DO, cook the beef until it is no longer pink.  Drain any grease.  Add the taco seasoning, water, refried beans and black beans and mix well.  Cook until heated through.  Serve in taco shells or over chips.  Garnish with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes and ranch dressing.

The Review

How can I say anything but good about this one?  It does my heart good to see my son growing up and volunteering to take care of and serve others!  I got to have the leftovers, and I had the best taco of my life!
This recipe deserves an A+.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME young man indeed! Way to go Colton. I am impressed.

    Im going to cook this just for some of the good carma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome young man and awesome mom to sing his praises.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails