Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 220: Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella

I needed a fast and easy side dish for dinner last night.  I got busy playing board games with my kids and forgot all about dinner so I had to come up with something quick!  I had seen these on Real Mom Kitchen a while ago and thought I'd give them a try. 

Baked Zucchini and Mozzarella
12" dutch oven

3 medium sized  zucchini
Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning (I found it at Costco)
kosher salt
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese

Slice your zucchini up into 1/2 inch rings.  Lay them out flat on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning and a bit of salt.  Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.  Use 1 1/2 rings of coals on top and 1 ring on the bottom.

Sprinkle the zucchini with cheese. Move all the coals from the bottom of the oven to the top, and continue to cook until the cheese gets all bubbly and a bit browned.  This won't take very long.  Serves 6.

The Finished Product


The Review

We were really disappointed by these.  They had kind of a weird taste.  None of my kids would eat more than 1 or 2.  They weren't gross or anything, they just weren't that good.  Its to bad because they were really fast and easy to prepare.  We decided that these get a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails