Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 213: Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I have to apologize for the photobucket image that is probably in the middle of your screen right now.  I've contacted blogger to find out how to get rid of the stupid thing, but I haven't heard back from them yet.  Be patient, I hate it too, but it should be gone soon!

I also need to welcome all the new readers!  I went on vacation for a week and I come home and have 24 new friends!  I hope you all enjoy the recipes and I look forward to your comments!

Today's recipe is another for Sweet Potato Fries.  My family liked them so much that we had to make them again.  This is pretty similar to the last ones I did, but I like these better.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
14" dutch oven

1 lb peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1/4" match-sticks
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t coriander
1 t kosher salt
1 t parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper

*you want 1 lb sweet potatoes after they are peeled, sliced, etc. If you weigh them at the store make sure you have a little more than a pound to allow for the peeling, and tossing of small pieces.

In a small bowl combine cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, parsley, and pepper.

Place sweet potatoes in a pile directly on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Use hands to toss until all pieces are well coated. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on top and toss again with hands to coat.

Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer so that pieces are not touching each other. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Use a metal spatula to gently flip fries and then return pan to oven. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until fries are starting to lightly brown and crisp. Remove pan from oven and cool 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

The Finished Product



The Review

Of the 2 Sweet Potato Fry recipes I've done, this one is the best.  I've really gotten to love kosher salt.  It adds so much flavor to recipes.  I'm totally converted.  Once again, I made one pan in my oven and one in my dutch oven and you all know which one turned out best, don't you?  Hands down the dutch oven.  I don't know how I'm going to go back to cooking indoors...ever!  These get an A.

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back...always look forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will give these a try in the UDO14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm, I love sweet potato fries! Gosh I'm such a foodie! Can't wait to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails