Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 242: Company Potato Casserole

Good morning everyone!  I just sent my 5 year old daughter Brylie on the bus for her first day of kindergarten.  I'm so sad to see her go I could cry, and I did a little.  But its quite a milestone in a child's life and I don't think I've ever seen her more excited.  Now its just me and my baby until lunchtime.  Its going to be a quiet day!  I'll have to make some treats to celebrate her first day.  I know just the recipe!

Speaking of recipes, I found today's recipe in a Taste of Home magazine.

Company Potato Casserole
10" dutch oven

5 cups cooked cubed peeled potatoes
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided (I used cheddar)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp paprika

In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, dill and pepper.  Transfer to a dutch oven.  Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese.  Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until bubbly.  Use 1 ring on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serves 8.

The Finished Product


The Review

The only company I would serve this to is someone I didn't like.  This was not good at all.  When I made it I hoped the herbs would give it good flavor since the sour cream wouldn't help out in that department.  It didn't happen.  It just tasted like potatoes and sour cream.  Not to mention that the sauce broke and was gross and lumpy.  If you're smart, you'll just skip this recipe all together.  Grade D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails