Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 234: Mom's Meatballs

I don't know what it is about meatballs.  All the recipes are pretty similar, but none of them taste the same.  I never get tired of them.  My kids love them, especially my 2 year old.  I always know she'll eat them.  Its weird.  This is another recipe I've had forever and not made in almost as long.  It was time to try it again.

Mom's Meatballs
12" dutch oven

1 lb. ground beef
2-3 carrots, shredded
1 large potato, shredded (raw)
1 yellow onion, grated
1 egg
1/2 c. bread crumbs
red pepper flakes, to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Sauce:

1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

Mix meatball ingredients together. Roll into meatballs and put them in your dutch oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350° using 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom. Mix sauce ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a whisk until creamy. After meatballs are browned, pour sauce evenly over the meatballs and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes (or until sides are hot and bubbly). Serve over rice.

The Finished Product




The Review

These were yummy!  I loved the red pepper flakes, they gave it a really nice kick.  Even the sauce was good, and I don't care much for canned cream soup.  The veggies in these were good too.  There was almost as many veggies as there was meat.  Its a great way to sneak in veggies for my kids.  These were also quick.  I had them done start to finish in about 40 minutes.  These would be really good for camping.  These get a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails