Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 233: Paula Deen's Cheese Biscuits

Here's another Paula Deen recipe.  I needed a quick bread to go with dinner since I let the rolls I was making burn.  :P  I remembered seeing this one on the food network site, and thank goodness I found it in time for dinner!

Paula Deen's Cheese Biscuits
12" dutch oven

2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 stick butter, melted

In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together using a fork; cut in shortening until it resembles cornmeal. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk all at 1 time just until blended. Do not over stir. Drop by tablespoonfuls, or use an ice cream scoop, onto a well greased baking sheet. Brush dough with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.

The Finished Product


The Review

These were pretty good.  They worked great in the dutch oven, just like everything else you could possibly want to cook.  They weren't my favorite biscuits, but we liked them. I probably won't make them again because I have a recipe for a knock off of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits that I like better.  We gave these a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails