Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 215: Spaghetti Pie

Just a quick post today!  I'm trying to finish getting everything together for the Wasatch County Fair cook off in Heber, Utah today.  I really wish I could just bring my entire kitchen.  Its amazing how much stuff I use just to cook a meal!  Wish me luck and send good thoughts my way.  We'll be cooking Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Parmesan Roasted Potatoes, Tomato Upside Down Cornbread and Crepe Cake with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce.  Its gonna be fun!

Spaghetti Pie
10" dutch oven

8 ounces spaghetti
¾ pound of ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
small onion, diced
½ green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons butter
1 and 1/3 C. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 and ½ cup ricotta cheese

Cook spaghetti to al dente according to package directions over a full spread of coals. In another DO, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over a full spread of coals. Drain off the grease. Add in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Let simmer for about 20 minutes. In a large bowl mix spaghetti with butter, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and eggs. Put the spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the dutch oven you cooked it in. Push the spaghetti up the sides of the pan and evenly over the bottom forming the crust. Spread ricotta over spaghetti crust and then sprinkle on the mozzarella. Top with meat mixture and the remaining cup of Parmesan. I also spread some mozzarella on top of the sauce.  Bake at 375° for 20 minutes with 1 ring on top and 1 ring on the bottom.

The Finished Product
 
 
The Review
 
We've really been spoiled by how good we've been eating lately.  These simple, quick dishes just don't do it for me.  This was actually pretty good, and I'll make it again on a busy weeknight.  We had this with some garlic bread and a salad, and my kids really liked it.  This would also be an easy camping meal.  We gave this one a B.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today and I know you will do allright. Main thing is to have fun.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails