Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 312: Crisp Onion Rolls

Just a quick post today, I have an early appointment!  I hope you all have a great day!

Crisp Onion Rolls
12" dutch oven

18 Rhode's dinner rolls, thawed but still cold (or use your own homemade rolls like I did)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. flour
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 (2.8 oz.) cans french fried onions

In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, flour, salt, parsley, rosemary and cheese.  Place the onions in another bowl.  Dip each roll in the egg mixture, then roll in the onions.  Place in a well greased dutch oven.  Cover and let rise until doubled.  Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.  18 servings.

The Finished Product


They smelled so good that my hubby couldn't even wait for me to take a picture!

The Review

This is a really great idea!  I wish I would have thought of it.  My whole family liked these.  In face, my 5 year old tried to take one to bed with her last night, and she never eats anything.  We thought these were a nice twist on regular dinner rolls!  Grade A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails