Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 325: Creamy Hashbrowns

Last nights dinner was cooked in a terrible snow storm.  I forgot how much I hate being cold!  :)  I totally live in the wrong state if I don't like winter.  Thanksgiving morning is supposed to be 6°.  That's just wrong!  Since it was so cold, I made something that didn't require me to spend too much time outside.

Creamy Hash Browns
12" dutch oven

1 (28 oz.) pkg. frozen O'Brien hash browns, thawed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.  Pour into a greased dutch oven.  Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serves 8.

The Finished Product



The Review

This wasn't my favorite dish ever.  I didn't expect it to be great, just better than it was.  Its one of those recipes that tastes great in the mountains when your camping, but not so yummy at home.  I probably won't make these again unless we're camping.  Grade C.

1 comment:

  1. That looks good--kind of like party potatoes--but I would probably have added onion, bell pepper, and maybe seeded/chopped tomatoes, and jalapeños instead of regular green chiles.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails