Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 329: Thanksgiving Stuffing

This is my favorite stuffing recipe.  It is really easy to make and has great flavor.  When I make it I use homemade bread, but you could buy the bread too.  Just use a good quality bread, no Wonder bread or it will turn out mushy...yuck!  Or you could use the Stuffing Bread I posted a while back and then leave out the spices.  This makes a ton, but it would be easy to cut the recipe down.

Thanksgiving Stuffing
12" dutch oven

3 onions, chopped
6 celery ribs, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup butter
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh minced parsley
1 Tbs. rubbed sage
1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
27 cups day old bread cubed

In a dutch oven over a full spread of coals,saute the onions, celery and garlic in butter until tender.  Add the broth and seasonings.  Add the bread cubes and stir carefully until well combined.  Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and hot.  Serves 12.

The Finished Product

I'll get the picture up soon!

The Review

This is really good.  Its also easy.  I haven't used Stove Top in years!  This is easy enough to make any time of year, not just at the holidays.  I like that even my stuffing hating kids will eat this.  It has a nice consistency too.  Some stuffing is soggy, but not this one.  We love it!  Grade A.

1 comment:

  1. Did you really mean 27 cups of bread? That seems like a bit much.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails