Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 315: Spiced Pear Bread

Sorry I'm so late today.  I've put off painting my bathroom for about a week and a half and now I have the plumber coming tomorrow to finish putting it back together for me and I just started painting this morning.  How's that for procrastination!  Needless to say, I still have a bunch to do so I better hurry! 

Spiced Pear Bread
10" dutch oven

3 (15 oz) cans sliced pears, drained and mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.  Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and salt; gradually add to the pear mixture and mix well.  Pour into a well greased dutch oven and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Cool 15 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.

The Finished Product

I'll post the picture as soon as I finish painting!  Which better be soon!

The Review

Yum! Yum! Yum!  Another perfect taste of fall.  This is one of my favorite breads and I make it every year.  It never lasts long around here!   It is moist and delicious!  Grade A.

1 comment:

  1. Toni:
    Procrastination is a dreadful thing, It always ends in sorrow. I can stop it any time, I think I will,,, Tomorrow.

    Ron Clanton
    The Outlaw Gourmet

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails