Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 322: Corn Bread

I apologize for not posting yesterday.  We were trying to get a fireplace installed before Thanksgiving.  It turned out to be a bigger project than we thought it would be.  Good thing my hubby is handy!  Anyway, I'll get caught up with the posts this morning.  My kids actually made this cornbread and they served it with chili (from a can).  I couldn't get a picture because I was too busy, but my kids did a great job.

Don't forget to order your copy of Everyday Dutch Oven!  It will have all the best recipes from the past year including everything you need to know to make your own dutch oven adventures a success!

Corn Bread
12" dutch oven

2 cups flour
2 cups cornmeal
2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
6 Tbs. melted butter
4 eggs
1 Tbs. honey

In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.  Add the sour cream, butter, eggs and honey.  Mix until just blended.  Pour into a greased 12" dutch oven and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serves 10.

The Review

My kids are turning into really good cooks.  I'm going to have to let them take over more often.  This cornbread was baked perfectly!  (I'm so proud!  They even did the charcoal themselves and everything!)  This turned out to be really moist and sweet.  Its hard to say if this is my favorite cornbread recipe, but it certainly ranks up there.  Grade A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails