Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 330: Turkey and Cranberry Braid

Tis the season for leftover turkey!  I'm always looking for new ways to use it.  I love this recipe because not only does it use leftover turkey, but stuffing, cranberries and gravy too!

Turkey and Cranberry Braid
14" dutch oven

l loaf bread dough  (Use Rhoad's or make your own)
2 cups chopped turkey
1 1/2 cups gravy (or 1 can cream of chicken soup)
1-2 cups stuffing (I used 2 cups)
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Roll the bread dough to a 10 x 14 inch rectangle.  I do this on top of a piece of parchment paper that has been cut to fit inside a 14" dutch oven.  Cut 1 inch strips along both of the long edges of the dough.  The strips should be about 1 inch wide by 4 inches long.  This will leave about a 4 inch rectangle strip in the center for the filling.  Combine all the ingredients together.  Spoon the filling down the center of the rectangle.  Starting at one end, pick up one of the strips and lay over the filling.  Alternate on each side to form a criss cross pattern.  Using the parchment paper, carefully lift the braid into the dutch oven.  Let rise 25 minutes and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Serves 6-8.

The Finished Product



The Review

This is soooo good!  I love how easy it is and how beautiful it looks.  Its a shame that I only make it around the holidays.  It also makes great leftovers itself!  I'm having some for lunch today.  All my kids liked it, so that smells success to me!  Grade A.

1 comment:

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails